Numerous dignitaries and community leaders will meet Oct. 1, 1:30 p.m. @ Baruch College on 22nd Street to dedicate 22nd Street as “Children’s Court.”
The Children’s Court opened in 1915 with the goals of providing prevention and scientific reformative treatment. The Gramercy Park Area from Park Avenue to 3rd Street offered numerous services for children. In the early 1900’s, the area was popularly referred to as “Children’s Row.”
In 1981, after the Family Court relocated to 60 Lafayette Street, it was conveyed to Baruch College and now houses Baruch College’s Steven L. Newman Real Estate Institute.
Members and friends of GA are invited to the ceremony. Should there be rain that day, the group will meet in the fellowship hall @GA.