The situation: The 2018 hurricane season continues to produce strong storms with potentially devastating impacts to the United States. Currently, the Lutheran Disaster Response staff, network, and other partners are monitoring the paths of Hurricanes Florence, Helene, Olivia and Tropical Storm Isaac. Right now, Hurricane Florence poses the greatest threat as it barrels towards the Carolinas and other Southeastern states, causing mass evacuations, threatening strong storm surges along the coasts and flash flooding throughout the area.
Our response: As a church, we’re ready to stand by our neighbors as they recover from the hurricanes. Lutheran Disaster Response is assessing the situation and coordinating with synods and affiliated social ministry organizations in the areas that are in the path of these storms. Your gifts will be used entirely (100 percent) for direct response until it is complete. Together, we can help provide immediate and long-lasting support for those in the path of these hurricanes.
What you can do:
- Pray- Please pray for the people who have been affected and are in the path of Hurricane Lane. May God’s healing presence give them peace and hope in their time of need.
- Give- Gifts designated to “Hurricane Response” will be used to assist those affected by these hurricanes until the response is complete. www.ELCA.org
- Connect: To learn more about the situation and the ELCA’s response:
- Sign up to receive Lutheran Disaster Response alerts.
- Check the Lutheran Disaster Response blog.
- Like Lutheran Disaster Response on Facebook and follow @ELCALDR on Twitter.