Theatre at St. John’s is hosting a special benefit performance of Marc in Venice, on October 16, for The Vine NYC campus ministry network (a Synod-sponsored college ministry). A generous portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will go directly to support ministry with college students in our synod. Buy a ticket online - https://marcinvenice.brownpapertickets.com/ - and mention The Vine at the door to ensure your purchase goes to support campus ministry. It promises to be an incredible evening for an incredible cause. We hope to see you there! Here’s a description of the show:
“As part of its year long Stonewall 50 commemorating theatre series REBELS, ROWDIES AND REVOLUTIONARIES, Theatre at St. Johns is excited to present a National Coming Out Day special production that interweaves stories of love, faith, and self-discovery. MARC IN VENICE is a unique play that is anything but a typical coming out story. Set in three different centuries, three different men share a name and a pursuit of the truth - and what it means in their lives. Faith and fear, adventure and risk, love and courage come into play as a saint runs from his call, a great traveler strives to tell his story, and a young man finds himself, all in the romantic city of Venice.” Written and Directed by Rev. Mark Erson
Audience members of a recent workshop production said:
- Run, don't walk to see this production!!...the play was so well written.
- Serious, yet whimsical, ...both existential and personal. Delightful.
- Reminded me where hope is to be found.
- An engaging meditation on the unchanging power of truth in the midst of the changes of history. It was funny and moving.
- An intense and provocative play
- Reminds us that Truth is still an honorable and worthwhile journey.