The Reopening Task Force has been busy collecting and sifting through data, recommendations, guidelines, and protocols to both determine best practices and a timeline for re-entering GA's building. Given the current circumstances, the Task Force has recommended that for safety, we will keep the building closed until after Labor Day.
However, as we plan for an eventual reopening, we are looking for your input and will be asking you to complete a brief poll during Sunday's worship. As we re-enter the building, at a minimum, these are some of the changes we will encounter in order to remain safe and healthy:
- We all must wear masks and use hand sanitizer;
- We must maintain 6 feet of physical distancing in the sanctuary, as well as when we enter and exit the building;
- We may not sing or speak the responses during worship;
- We may not share the peace or physically greet one another;
- We will not have coffee hour or utilize the fellowship hall or other areas of the building;
- Our vulnerable population (anyone over 65 years old or with underlying conditions) is highly discouraged from attending;
- Consider how you will safely travel to worship; for example, will you take mass transit;
- The service will be shorter in order to minimize the time we are spreading aerosols.
Here's where your input is needed. Given these restrictions alone (and possibly others), would you plan to attend in-person worship at GA? Be prepared to answer this question during Sunday's worship service.