We are excited to return to the space. We are continuing to wait for new guidance from NY State, NYC, the CDC, and the Metro NY Synod and will update as necessary.
In-person worship policy:
- Please arrive early to not clog the doorway (we recommend 10:30am-10:45am)
- All worshipers must sign in upon arrival for contact tracing purposes
- All participants must wear masks over their nose and mouth during the service
- Participants are welcomed to speak prayers and sing aloud with masks on during the worship.
- Continue to socially distance in the sanctuary (unless you sit with your household)
- We will offer communion from separate tables of bread and wine/grape juice.
We strongly encourage in-person worship for those able to attend church. Pastor Stephanie is still new to GA and we should all meet her and help her become more familiar with the congregation. In addition to our new pastor, we've regularly had visitors and returning visitors in attendance since reopening the building for worship at the end of January. Those of us able to attend in person should resume a habit or start a habit of regular attendance at church because it helps foster both personal spiritual growth and growth in the GA community as we continue forward together through the pandemic. And for those that cannot worship with us in person, please join our Zoom stream when it is available and worship with us. "For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.” (Matthew 18:20)
The tentative schedule for the Zoom stream moving forward is that on the FIRST Sunday of every month we will have ONLY in-person services so that is reflected in the schedule as follows:
- May 22: In Person and Streamed on Zoom
- May 29: In Person and Streamed on Zoom
- June 5: In Person and Streamed on Zoom (Pentecost)
- June 12: In Person and Streamed on Zoom
- June 19: In Person and Streamed on Zoom
- June 26: In Person and Streamed on Zoom
- July 3: In Person ONLY
- July 10: In Person and Streamed on Zoom
July 17: In Person and Streamed on Zoom
Over the past two years, we've learned that our plans are fluid so the schedule is subject to change.
We will also enable closed captioning on Zoom, but the captions are not perfect so please review the readings, Gospel, important messages, and information in the bulletin when you can.